18 July, 2022
Getting Ready for Back to School: A Checklist for Parents
As joyful as it was, the summer break is coming to an end. Now, it's the back-to-school season. This is the time of year when families prepare for the upcoming academic year. This usually includes buying new clothing and supplies, making sure children are vaccinated, and registering them for a new school.
The school year starts at different times around the world. For example, Somalia's school year starts in September, Iraq's in October, and Thailand's in May. Since this is a chance for a fresh start, it can be stressful for parents who have to worry about school supplies shopping. To make it easier, here's a list of basics your child will need for the school year:
1. A backpack: You'll need a backpack to carry a child's supplies, from notebooks to lunch. Get a backpack that fits well and is comfortable to wear.
2. Supplies: A child will need things like pens, paper, and notebooks. Some teachers may also require specific supplies, like coloured pencils or a scientific calculator. Ask the child's teacher ahead of time to see what supplies are needed.
3. Clothing: Check the school's dress code policy before shopping for new clothes. You may also want to buy a few extra sets of clothes, to keep at school in case of emergencies.
4. Shoes: Get comfortable, well-fitting shoes. Choose shoes that are appropriate for the activities your child will be participating in, like gym class or after-school sports.
5. A lunch box: If your child is eating lunch at school, they will need a lunch box or bag to carry their food in. Choose a lunch box that is easy to open and close and that will keep food fresh and cool.
When preparing your child for back-to-school, there are a few key things to keep in mind.
Set a bedtime a few nights before school starts and get them up earlier to ease them into a back-to-school routine.
Help them set goals for the new academic year, as it would help them to stay motivated throughout. By following these simple tips, you can help your child to adjust to back-to-school life with ease.
Many families may begin to feel the financial strain of preparing their children for another year of learning. If you want to support your loved ones and their children's education in your home country, we're here to help. We support you so that your funds arrive on time, safely, and securely.
Let's make the younger ones smile on their way to school.